navigation bar

MAGAZINE SUBMISSIONS ABOUT VIDEOS SUBSCRIBE CONTACT


.

.

30.12.11

CAT M.T. at Palm Spring Art Show

As you remember We feature Catherine Thompson a.k.a CAT M.T. in our last Summer issue as a new emerging artist [here]. Since then We became great followers of her work. She recently had an exhibition on  Palm Spring, CA., were she and other artist showcase their work. We had the opportunity to talk with CAT about this amazing experience. 

"The exhibition on the 12th was a group show called Don't Call it a Comeback.  My personal show was called Constellations and was a series of paintings and drawings about the constant destruction and recreation of nature, focusing specifically on mountain landscapes.  After losing one of my best friends I began focusing on life spans of humans versus mountains versus stars.  Remembering how everything is in constant flux helped me to find the light in the darkness of my sadness.  I wanted to focus on light colors, positivity and explore the beauty of the color blue."  










The opening was at the Renegade Art Gallery [1345 N. Palm Canyon Dr., Palm Springs, CA 92262] and was celebrated from 6 p.m. - midnight. I showed along side 14 other artists in a 6,000 square foot space. Artists came primarily from Los Angeles, but also included one from Santa Barbara, CA, two from Colorado, myself from Portland, OR and one from Alaska.

Follow CAT on Twitter [here] and see her work [here].