navigation bar

MAGAZINE SUBMISSIONS ABOUT VIDEOS SUBSCRIBE CONTACT


.

.

17.12.12

John Rivera

John Rivera is a puertorrican artist who likes to mix urbanism and nature in his artwork.  With his creations Rivera presents the relationship between space and the individual.  "My influences come from everyday life, the urban experiences, public transportation and everything that goes with it".

John has a special interest in comics and illustrations, but when it comes to surrealism Salvador Dalí's work is at the top of his list. He is attracted to Pablo Picasso and the obscure graffiti movement of Jean-Michael Basquiat.   " I want to develop myself into other disciplines. I began drawing as a kid, then moved to painting when I started college. I would like to move to sculpture but see myself painting more gallery stuff "-- JR.   Recently, Rivera presented his work in Old San Juan, doing a live performance with other great artists from the scene.